R100 000 Comprehensive Legal cover per family per annum. This gives you the support you need to protect your rights. Only R90 per month
- Criminal matters
- Criminal Proceedings brought against the Insured by the State or other Statutory Bodies.
- Bail applications
- Criminal charges
- Contravention of law
Civil Proceedings by or against the Insured in a court of law.
Divorce actions & Matrimonial matters
- Enforcement of divorce settlement agreements
- Matters concerning parental rights and responsibilities
- Drafting of standard contracts including drafting of ante-nuptial agreements
- Division of joint estate
Labour Proceedings in terms of Labour Laws
- Unfair dismissals
- Unfair labour practices
Support administrative Proceedings in any Tribunal.
- Ombudsman Complaints
- Pension Fund Disputes
- Registrar Processes
- Covered at insurer’s discretion
- Conveyance of private residential property
- Payment of: Legal Transfer fees
- Drafting of lease and sale agreements
Unless we have given our prior written approval for the appointment and fee, we will not pay:
- An expert witness fee
- Tracing fees
- Motor vehicle accident report
- Medical report
- Medical examinations
- Credit profile reports from a credit bureau.
In order for any assistance to be provided and/or payment made in terms of a claim, the insured must:
- Call Workeslife Direct on 0861 520 520
- Produce proof of his/her identity (identity document, birth certificate, or passport)
- Complete in full a claim form that is relevant to the specific claim
- Fax the claim form back to 0861 560 560.
Depending on the nature of the claim, we will either have an independent legal advisor attend to your problem or instruct an attorney who is on our panel. You will be informed of who is handling your matter.
- At no stage may you instruct your own attorney. If you do, Workerslife Insurance will not cover your legal costs
- We are obliged to make payment only at the conclusion of any matter giving rise to a claim
Once an attorney has been appointed to your matter, we will
- Ensure the matter is dealt with
- Keep you informed of the process you need to follow
- Keep you informed of progress.